LISTEN. THINK. DELIVER.
Mr. Parker’s focus is business and real estate litigation. He is admitted to practice in California and before the United States District Courts for the Central and Southern Districts of California, as well as the Ninth and Eleventh Circuit Courts of Appeals.
Mr. Parker left Century City to join the South Bay law firm of Smith & Hilbig in January 1982. He continued practicing with that firm’s successors, Smith Crane Robinson & Parker, LLP and later Robinson & Parker LLP, before joining GWTGG in January 2016.
Mr. Parker has represented large and small business entities, as well as individuals, in a variety of state and federal court cases, administrative hearings and alternative dispute resolution proceedings throughout Southern California and elsewhere in the United States. Principal areas of litigation include real estate, land use, commercial landlord/tenant, business or contractual disputes, business fraud, construction, banking, bankruptcy, commercial law, foreclosures, receiverships, wrongful termination, employment discrimination, and wage and hour claims. Mr. Parker also serves as an arbitrator and mediator.
Mr. Parker is a member of the Los Angeles County and South Bay Bar Associations. He is also a member of the Litigation Sections of the Los Angeles County Bar Association and the State Bar of California. From 1989 to 2011, he was a member of the Los Angeles County Bar Association’s Delegation to the Annual State Bar Conference of Delegates, serving as a member of the Delegation’s Executive Committee from 1991 to 1994, 1997 to 2000, and 2003 to 2006.
Mr. Parker has extensive experience in mediation and other forms of alternative dispute resolution. A trained mediator, he served on the Los Angeles County Superior Court’s volunteer mediator and arbitrator panels from 1994 until the Court disbanded the panels in 2013. Mr. Parker is an honoree of Who’s Who in American Law and was listed among Los Angeles Magazine’s 2007 “Super Lawyers.” He serves on the Mission Committee for the Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Centers in Torrance and San Pedro and was a member of the Rotary Club of Palos Verdes Peninsula from 1998 to 2012. He served the Brigham Young University Alumni Association as Chair of its Los Angeles South Regional Chapter and later as a Director on its national board and Vice President for all U.S. Chapters. He is a past member of the Palos Verdes Interfaith Fellowship and a founding member of the Dawn Unity Group Interfaith Association.
Areas of Practice
- Business and Real Estate Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Employment Law and Litigation
- California, 1980
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence – 1980
- Law Review: Editor, Georgetown Law Journal
Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah
- B.A.Pol.Sc, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science cum laude – 1977
- Honors: Honors Program
Honors and Awards
- Who’s Who in American Law, 1987 – Present
- Super Lawyers, Los Angeles Magazine, 2007
- Martindale-Hubbell “AV Rating”, 2005 – Present
- Top Lawyers in California, The Legal Network, 2013
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member, 1980 – Present
- Harbor Association of Industry and Commerce, Member, 1983 – 1990
- South Bay Bar Association, Member, 1986 – Present
- Delegation to the Annual State Bar Conference of Delegates, Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member, 1989 – 2011
- Delegation’s Executive Committee, Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member, 1991 – 1994
- Delegation’s Executive Committee, Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member, 1997 – 2000
- Delegation’s Executive Committee, Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member, 2003 – 2006
Past Employment Positions
- Gendel, Raskoff, Shapiro & Quittner, Associate, 1980 – 1981
- Smith & Hilbig, Associate, 1982 – 1986
- Smith & Hilbig, Partner, 1987 – 1998
- Smith Crane Robinson & Parker, LLP, Partner, 1998 – 2006
- Robinson & Parker LLP, Partner, 2006 – 2015
Pro Bono Activities
- Los Angeles County Superior Court, Volunteer Mediator and Arbitrator Panels, 1994 – 2013
- Mission Committee for the Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Centers in Torrance and San Pedro, 2009 – Present
- Member, Rotary Club of Palos Verdes Peninsula, 1998 – 2012
- Member, Brigham Young University Alumni Association, 1977 – Present
- Chair, Los Angeles South Regional Chapter, Brigham Young University Alumni Association, 2000 – 2006
- Director, National Board, Brigham Young University Alumni Association, 2006 – 2008
- Vice President, U.S. Chapters, Brigham Young University Alumni Association, 2008 – 2010
- Member, Palos Verdes Interfaith Fellowship, 1999 – 2005
- Founding Member, Dawn Unity Group Interfaith Association, 2000 – Present
Contact The Firm
Bold labels are required.
21515 Hawthorne Boulevard, Suite 450
Torrance, CA 90503