LISTEN. THINK. DELIVER.
Richard C. Greenberg was a founding member of the firm at its inception in 1981, and is currently one of two managing partners. He has extensive experience in both transactional matters and commercial litigation, concentrating on real estate, business, and construction disputes. Mr. Greenberg’s broad corporate and real estate transactional practice includes the purchase, sale, financing and leasing of real property, corporate governance, and private offerings, acquisitions, sales and mergers.
Mr. Greenberg represents many clients as general counsel, providing them with both corporate governance and advice across a broad range of legal business concerns. Mr. Greenberg also represents private and public clients in select litigation matters in state and federal courts, including complex business, real estate and construction disputes as well as probate, employment, and intellectual property litigation, both at the trial level, and on appeal. Mr. Greenberg has also served as a mediator and arbitrator, and frequently represents clients in the arbitration, mediation or other informal resolution of business and real estate disputes.
Mr. Greenberg’s experience in both litigation and transactional matters enables him to more readily understand his client’s business plans and objectives. It also provides the knowledge and perspective for weighing the risks and rewards of pending or prospective litigation in the context of his client’s financial goals.
Mr. Greenberg was admitted to practice in 1966, and is AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Selected Significant Matters
- Trial counsel for public entity in defense of multi-million dollar claim by contractor for extra work
- Trial counsel for community association in defense of homeowner claim for breach of community association covenants, conditions and restrictions
- Trial counsel for composer for violation of copyright
- Trial counsel for seller of alternative energy product to syndicator in defense of investor claims of security violations and fraud
- Trial counsel for various shopping center developers and owners in a wide variety of actions ranging from tenant disputes to land use, eminent domain and construction defect matters
- Trial counsel for physician group in defense of wrongful discharge claim
- Successful appeal and reversal of dismissal of complaint against vendor of defective building materials
- Successful defense of appeal from dismissal of general contractor’s claim against public agency
- Successful defense of appeal from dismissal of action for lack of subject matter jurisdiction
- Representation of marina operator in restructuring of long term ground lease
- Representation of purchasers of $17,625,000 shopping center
- Representation of owners of shopping center in $8,250,000 refinancing
- Representation of owners of shopping center in $19,250,000 sale of shopping center
- Representation of shopping center client in $46,000,000 refinance
- Representation of client in restructure and purchase of dental group
Areas of Practice
- Corporate and Real Estate
- California, 1966
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U. S. Court of Military Appeals
Harvard Law School, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- LL.B. – 1965
- A.B. cum laude – 1962
Honors and Awards
- AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Phi Beta Kappa
Contact The Firm
Bold labels are required.
21515 Hawthorne Boulevard, Suite 450
Torrance, CA 90503