LISTEN. THINK. DELIVER.
Samantha F. Lamberg joined the firm in 1996, and is a partner in the Litigation Department. Ms. Lamberg has over 25 years of experience representing businesses, homeowners associations, individuals and trustees in assorted real estate, business, employment, and trust litigation matters. She chairs the firm’s Employment, Probate, and Land Use, Tree & View practices.
Ms. Lamberg has particular expertise advising small to mid-size employers. Her employment litigation practice focuses on defense and alternative resolution of wrongful termination, discrimination, retaliation and harassment claims, as well as assorted non-compete, trade secret, defamation, privacy, and wage disputes. She also provides preventive counseling to help minimize the risk of employment litigation prior to termination.
Ms. Lamberg has a rapidly expanding niche practice representing homeowners and homeowners associations in local zoning and planning disputes, including view preservation matters, both in court and before municipalities and associations. She also handles a wide variety of commercial, contract and probate litigation, including business dissolutions, commercial lease disputes, shopping center and association matters, will and trust contests and trustee disputes, and specific performance, partition, easement and boundary cases.
Ms. Lamberg was admitted to practice in California in 1991, and is AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Selected Significant Matters
- Successfully defended major public agency against action brought by contractor relating to seismic retrofit of prominent local bridge by (i) prevailing on summary judgment on multiple claims, and (ii) defeating appeal of summary judgment ruling
- Anchor retailer representation involving major shopping center disputes, including assorted litigation involving commercial lease disputes, CAM disputes, and weights and measures issues
- Successful representation of Fortune 500 company in products liability litigation and assorted commercial disputes with customers
- Successfully defended and settled assorted wrongful termination and harassment claims against large West Coast timeshare developer, and obtained nuisance settlements and successful ADR outcomes in various wrongful termination, harassment and wage and hour claims brought against Southern California physician practices, manufacturers, developers, restaurants and other small to mid-size businesses
- Successfully represented homeowners and homeowners associations at the association, municipal and state court levels in a wide variety of planning, zoning and compliance-related matters, including view preservation, neighborhood compatibility, Davis-Stirling issues, and interpretation and enforcement of CC&Rs
- Successfully represented shareholders, limited liability company members, and partners in business dissolutions, through buyouts obviating need for trial and other creative solutions
- Successfully defended, represented and advised trustees and beneficiaries in various trust administration matters, including removal actions, enforcement of no contest clauses, and alleged breach of fiduciary duty and accounting proceedings
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Employment Law and Litigation
- Business and Real Estate Litigation
- Zoning, Planning and View Preservation Disputes
- Shopping Center and Homeowners Association Representation
- Probate and Trust Litigation
- Public Works Litigation
- Financial Institutions Litigation
- Appellate Law and Practice
- California, 1991
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
UCLA School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. – 1991
- B.A. – 1986
Honors and Awards
- AV-rated, Martindale-Hubbell
Contact The Firm
Bold labels are required.
21515 Hawthorne Boulevard, Suite 450
Torrance, CA 90503